Call for Exhibition Submissions
The Mary E. Black Gallery is pleased to receive proposals from community groups, cultural groups, guilds, artists/craftspeople and curators for the year of 2018. Annually, seven shows are selected by the Exhibition Review Committee to fulfill the gallery’s mandate, as Nova Scotia’s only public fine craft gallery, to exhibit traditional and contemporary fine craft created by aspiring and established local, regional, Canadian and international artists. Juried, curated and travelling exhibitions are eligible.
Year round the Centre for Craft and Design hosts exhibitions in the Mary E. Black Gallery which educate the public about craft and design and promote the pursuit of excellence in the craft community.
Submissions must include the following:
- Works to be exhibited (include artist, title, medium, dimensions in metric, date of work) or if not yet created, a list of what is planned for inclusion
- Support material which can include any materials relevant to the application, images (maximum of 20), promotional materials, reviews and catalogues
- Image requirements are as follows: JPEG format, maximum of 1024x768 resolution, 72 DPI, RGB
- A list of the support material provided including the title and type of material
- A curriculum vitae of the principal organizer/curator or artist
Proposals and support material must be received via email ONLY by 4pm on March 18th, 2016. Late submissions will NOT be accepted.
If your submission exceeds the message size limit, you may include a Dropbox link in your email for viewing. Sign up for Dropbox to share your uploaded images and files here: https://www.dropbox.com/
To learn how to share a link with us, please refer to this link: http://www.dropbox.com/help/274/en
Proposal evaluation is based on:
- The artistic merit of the exhibition proposed
- The quality of the applicant’s work to date
- The ability of the organization/individual to bring the exhibition to fruition
The Mary E. Black Gallery covers:
- Artist’s fees based on recommended CARFAC rates
- Cost of an opening reception
- Colour invitation / exhibition brochure
- Inclusion in the NSCCD standard publicity program